Vacuum erection devices can be used to create an erection by placing a cylinder over the penis and using a pump to create a vacuum that draws blood into the penis.
Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of using a VED:
- VEDs are non-invasive and do not require surgery or injections.
- They are generally considered safe and have few side effects.
- They are effective in producing an erection in many men, especially those with mild to moderate ED.
- No medications required.
- They can be combined with other ED treatments, including oral medications.
- They are available at various price points including affordable options
- Using a VED requires planning and preparation before sexual activity, which can reduce spontaneity.
- It may take some time to learn how to use the device properly.
- Some men may experience discomfort or pain when using a VED, especially if the device is not used correctly.
- Some men may find the use of a VED to be an unnatural way to achieve an erection.
About the Presenter
Amy Pearlman, M.D. is a board-certified urologist specializing in male sexual and hormonal health, as well as genitourinary reconstruction. As a Co-founder of PRIME Institute located in South Florida, she collaboratively employs the bio-psycho-social approach to ensure the best possible outcomes for her patients. Alongside her clinical expertise, Dr. Pearlman’s passion lies in educating her community on essential men’s health and sexual health topics, empowering individuals to make informed decisions about their well-being.