Herbal Medicine for Erectile Dysfunction
Herbal medicine uses supplements derived from plants and plant extracts to treat various medical conditions. Due to the fact that many plants synthesize substances that contribute to the health of humans, herbal supplements can be an alternative to modern medicine to treat your ED.
Common Herbal Supplements for ED
- Asian-Ginseng: A root native to Korea and China which has heating properties to increase blood circulation. You should take Asian-ginseng on a continuous basis in order for it to be effective.
- Epimedium (Horny Goat Weed): A leafy plant which contains the flavonoid icariin as its active compound ingredient. The plant can be found raw, in tablets, or in capsules. Just as L’Arginine, it increases the levels of nitric oxide to relax the muscles and increase blood flow to the penis.
- Gamma – Butyrolactone (GBL): – A hygroscopic liquid found in extracts of unadulterated wines. GBL has been shown to elevate growth in hormone levels to exceedingly unnatural quantities thus making this substance have toxic side-effects.
- Gingko: One of the oldest living tree species, Gingko extract is responsible for relaxing smooth muscle in order to increase the blood flow to the penis.
- L-Arginine: An amino acid that is found naturally in meat, dairy, poultry, and fish. L’Arginine is available in supplement form and turns into nitric acid in the body. Nitric acid is responsible for dilating your blood vessels to increase blood flow. Taking too much L’Arginine can be harmful as it will increase the amount of stomach acid and may lead to digestive problems.
- Yohimbe: An Alkaloid and aphrodisiac derived from plants which is available in both over-the-counter and pure forms to treat sexual dysfunction by improving blood flow.