Behavioral Modification for Premature Ejaculation
There are many behavioral techniques a man can employ to extend time to climax. Simple techniques like masturbating 1-2 hours before engaging in sex with a partner or engaging in sex other than intercourse instead to remove the pressure from your sexual encounters. The keys to a successful behavioral modification therapy for PE include adherence to the exercise program, a supportive partner, and low or no side effects.
Pelvic Floor Exercises
Weak pelvic floor muscles are not likely to be the sole cause of premature ejaculation, but they can be a contributing factor. Strengthening these muscles through targeted ‘kegel’ exercises can be part of the solution. Here’s how it works:
- Identify the right muscles by stopping urination mid-stream. The muscles you’ll use to do this are your pelvic floor muscles.
- Exercise your pelvic floor muscles. Tighten and hold the muscle contraction for several seconds, then relax the muscles for several seconds, and repeat. Start while lying on your back. As you strengthen your pelvic floor muscles you can try other positions.
- Focus only on your pelvic floor muscles. Don’t flex your abdomen, thighs or buttocks muscles and avoid holding your breath while doing kegel exercises.
- After you perfect your technique do these exercises 3 times a day, 10 sets per session to realize benefits
Start / Pause Technique
Another technique you and your partner can employ is a method called the start / pause method. Here’s how it works:
- Begin sexual activity including penile stimulation, until you are almost ready to climax.
- Stop and you or your partner will hold and gently squeeze the end of your penis where the head meets the shaft until the urge to climax passes.
- Repeat the steps above to build enough endurance to enter your partner without ejaculating
With enough practice you can build habits that no longer require using the start / pause method in order to have satisfactory penetrative sex.
MYHIXEL Device for PE
The MYHIXEL Pleasure Device and Mobile application deliver perhaps the most innovative behavior modification program for treatment of PE.
- Use it or Lose it: The Benefits of Masturbation - In this article Patrick Carpenter, Pharmacist discusses the benefits of masturbation to maintain or improve penile functionality.
- Premature Ejaculation: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments - Dr. Beilan discusses premature ejaculation and how men who seek help, and are willing to work towards their climax control goals, can definitively improve their sexual performance.